1. At this moment I choose to focus on what I’m grateful for-this sets the tone for my day
2. With everything that is going on, I Am still Focused & Productive in my Life & Business
3. Despite statements about being ‘non-essential’, to the contrary, I know that I Am Vital, Important & Valuable. I Have Greatness within Me & the world needs me to share my gifts
4. Although timelines & outcomes may be uncertain, I remain strong in my Faith. I Am certain that this too shall pass
5. I Have the Desire, Determination & Discipline to make the best of this time in all that I do each day
6. I Am blessed with Vision & Creativity.
I Seek & Find new opportunities to pivot & thrive personally & professionally during this time.
7. Daily I choose to be an example of Joy, Faith & Kindness to others.
8. Today I Choose to control my Thoughts, my Feelings & my Words & to express Positivity through them
9. Fear, Panic & Worry have no place in me. Instead, I live by Faith that God is in control & has my best interest in mind
10. Daily I make Positive choices to strengthen my immune system, stay active, eat healthy & get proper rest
11. As I Focus on my Health, my Family, my Business, I also remember Friends, Colleagues, Clients & others & communicate support to them, reminding them they’re not alone
12. I set an intention to make this day Powerful, Peaceful, Positive, Productive & Profitable
13. I easily attract to myself great opportunities to Serve more clients at a higher level while increasing my income
14. I Am Blessed to be a Blessing.
I Focus on Developing my Gifts, my Talents & my Message so I can be a Greater Blessing to a larger number of people.
15. When I have feelings of uncertainty, doubt or worry, I immediately shift my mindset, my focus & my state & move forward with gratitude & positivity.
16. I Choose to only use Social Media in positive ways . I share joy, happiness, encouragement & positive humor.
I share my expertise & my message of service to empower & benefit others.
17. When I feel weak or discouraged, I acknowledge these feelings & humbly ask for & receive support & encouragement from others.
18. I Choose to take action daily to grow my business & better myself. I seek out new opportunities of learning, I develop my skills, talents & abilities.
19. I Choose to make the most of each new day. I open myself to new ideas, new tools & technologies to equip & grow my business. I attract new & exciting partnerships that are mutually beneficial for all.
20. I Recognize that with everything happening on the outside, that this is truly an internal game. I have no control over the news, social media or the government. I Choose to control my mindset, my attitude, my thoughts, feelings & actions
21. My Dream, my Vision, my Talents, my Message are all Gifts from God.
I realize & embrace that God has a higher calling for me.
I’m too Big to play Small. It’s My Time
via Love-Your Work ?
Welcome Back to Soupfly!
This is an excerpt from a post that we did a while back. Considering all that is happening these days, I thought it would be appropriate to repost. Happy Reading!
Do What You Love & Love What You Do
Here’s a question: Do you Love your work? Do you love what you do? Is yours one of those ‘Love-Hate’ relationships that many people talk about when it comes to work? If so, why is that the case? Or, like some, do you say, “I hate my job. I despise my position, profession, the job I do”? And if you don’t like what you do, or you don’t have a love for it, have you ever asked yourself why?
I am of the belief that we should enjoy what we do for a living. We should gain a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction from the work we do. We should be motivated to get out of bed in the morning and be eager to go do whatever it is that we do. There should be something about our job, our work, our career that makes us smile. That gives us pleasure. Do you love your work? Some of you reading this may think, “Well, I’m only a _____________” fill in the blank. “My job is not important, doesn’t really matter.” If you have that mindset, then you have been negatively conditioned by society, the media, your peer group, or a combination of them, to believe that some jobs are more important than others. That some professions are more valuable and make a greater contribution to the company or society.
There are NO “Unimportant” Positions
My wife is a nurse, certainly what she does is more important than a garbage collector, one might think. While I admit that what she does has great value, so does every single person who works in that hospital. There is NO position that is ‘unimportant’.
Michelle, leads a huddle before the start of the shift each day, gathering all the nurses in her unit that will be working that shift and gives them a pep talk, a moment of motivation. I’ve never been because I don’t work there, but she sometimes will relay the story to me. One day she told me that she invited Lucia (not her real name) to join the huddle. Brenda is the hospital housekeeper. Brenda told Michelle she didn’t understand why she is being asked to join the nurse’s huddle. She thought maybe she was in trouble or did something wrong. Michelle, told her no, she wasn’t in trouble, she wanted her to be at the meeting, but didn’t tell her why.
So, when the time came for the huddle, the nurses all gathered and there was Brenda, standing beside them. Some of the nurses knew her, most recognized her, but many didn’t know her or her name. Michelle introduced Brenda to the group and told them that she is the one who cleans, sanitizes, sterilizes and prepares each and every hospital room for their patients. When a patient that was in isolation is discharged from a particular room, that room is contaminated. No patient can be brought into that room until Brenda does her job. An outsider might think that what Brenda does is not as important as the job of the doctors or nurses in that hospital, but without her, the doctors and nurses cannot do their job. If she does not do her job and do it properly and well, then actually people could die. So, some might think it’s only doctors and nurses that save lives, but in reality people like Brenda, actually save lives as well. By cleaning and sanitizing rooms.
On that day, Michelle helped her team, and Brenda to realize how incredibly important each person’s job is. I’ve never met Brenda, but the way Michelle describes her, I know this woman takes pride in what she does AND I’ll bet that she loves her work.
“I am great at what I do, because I love what I do”
EXCELLERATING CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FIVE STARS & BEYOND!
Christoff J. Weihman
ASPIRE Enterprises, Las Vegas NV
702 848 8955/ Christoff@aspire2wow.com
For a copy of my books; Getting to WOW! or The Customer Experience > http://www.christoffjweihman.com/index.html#books
To Inquire about Five Star Customer Service/Experience Training for your Team: http://www.christoffjweihman.com/Speaking-Training.html
I am Happy, Mad, Disappointed. MGM will be closing their buffets until further notice due to Covid19 prevention.
**Mad cause it’s taken a virus for people to think about hygiene/sanitation.
***Disappointed for the companies that will lose business, the guests that will miss that Vegas experience and Disappointed that proper hygiene and sanitation in the Service & Hospitality Industry has been sorely lacking for years. But we, the public put up with it. People who make a fuss about it, (like me) are labeled anal.
How many times have you been to a bar and sat there for hours and NEVER ONCE HAVE YOU SEEN THE BARTENDER WASH HIS/HER HANDS? That’s just normal. Not to mention them fondling the top of your glass with their never-been-washed-for-hours hands.
How many times have you been to a restaurant and witnessed a busser pick up dirty glasses off a table with his/her hands inside the glasses and then minutes later that person is now your food runner bringing out your food. Did they wash their hands before picking up and delivering your food? Who knows? Yummy. Enjoy!
Or how often have you seen a Server who constantly wipes their face, scratches their nose or runs their fingers through their hair then uses those same hands to pour your wine, serve your food etc.
Do the managers have time or the mindset to observe whether their staff are washing their hands or not? No. They’re busy running operations.
Tell me why any of the above is acceptable, allowed, ok? Furthermore, in most places it’s just standard practice.
So, I say Good on MGM for closing down the buffets.
AND NO this is not all I have to say.
I have a whole chapter in my book Getting to WOW!, published pre-Covid1- entitled-Getting the Book out of the Back of Your Pants (And Other Matters of Hygiene & Sanitation)
Many of you saw my post of 10 days ago wherein I walked into the bathroom of a local restaurant and saw on the floor in the stall next to me-a black service staff apron on the floor. And then when I went out to wash my hands I saw this, a service tray used to serve food and drink on the sink. Good thing the staff member was washing his hands but so what, where was the tray while he was in the bathroom stall?
Come on Service Professionals, you have the capacity to do better, you actually know better and your Guests deserve it but you’ve been laxed for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG.
No, this is not all I’ve got to say.
We’re just getting started.
Excellerating SERVICE & HOSPITALITY TO FIVE STARS AND BEYOND!!!
Christoff J. Weihman
P.S. AND IS ANYBODY REALLY SURPRISED THAT THERE’S OUTBREAK OF COVID19 ON CRUISE SHIPS? You Gotta be kidding me.